Collagen Induction Therapy procedure works by stimulating your own body´s collagen to improve the appearance of fine lines & scar tissue including atrophy acne scarring.
Your body will start to naturally regenerate new skin cells, working below the surface in the dermis to increase blood supply. It will only take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration are seen & the process will continue over the following months providing you with a gradual and long lasting enhancement.
Please book in for a consultation with your Clinician at Dermal Resolutions to find out more.
Collagensis – Skin Needling
. SkinPen® Precision is Bellus Medical’s flagship product, and now with approval from the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Bellus will partner with Advanced Skin Technology to distribute SkinPen® Precision to practitioners in Australia.
TGA, the agency that regulates medical devices and pharmaceuticals in Australia, has approved the SkinPen® Precision microneedling system as a Class II medical device utilizing Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) to treat Melasma, acne scars, and surgical scars. For a device to be registered in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), there is an approval process that must be followed. Manufacturers must ensure their products comply with the essential principles of safety and performance, including clinical performance, and must document a comprehensive risk assessment for every product.
“We are thrilled for SkinPen® Precision to be the only TGA approved microneedling system in Australia,” said Joe Proctor, Bellus Medical President and CEO. “Our commitment to safety and quality has resulted in a year of significant accomplishments for Bellus Medical. TGA approval follows the Medical Device License we received from Health Canada, the CE Mark registration for Europe, along with the ISO 13485:2016 certification. This further positions us as an industry leader and trusted provider within aesthetic medical devices.”
About SkinPen® Precision
The SkinPen® Precision microneedling system raises the standard in technology and is backed by the highest medical device standards available to practices and their patients. The SkinPen® Precision microneedling system is the only device on the market exclusively designed and engineered with the following safety features:
- Proprietary: Patent pending sterile, single use microneedle cartridge which houses a reciprocating mechanism typically enclosed in the microneedling pen, ensuring a long-term reliability of the SkinPen® Precision device.
- Safety: Ingress protection to prevent any blood, fluid or serum present during the procedure from penetrating into the pen.
- Precision: 14 stainless steel medical grade needles create 98,000 micro-injuries per minute for increased efficiency.
- Protection: Bio-Sheath designed specifically for SkinPen® Precision helps protect patients from potential cross-contamination, ensuring the fluids generated during the procedure do not pass from contaminated glove to SkinPen® Precision device.
- Clinical: Clinically proven safe, effective and minimally-invasive with little downtime.